When marketing on social media images are one of the most important components of your message. If you are coffee catering company, food truck, specialty food vendor or catering company your imagery is the easiest way to make a great first impression.
Not all images are created equally, and not everyone has an eye for photography. This is where food operations and marketing needs a clear line. Just because people can take a photo of your product it does not mean that they should be responsible for creating, curating and securing your social media images.
Reasons Why Social Media Images Matter
• This is your brand’s first impression, why not make a great impression?
• Every picture tells your brand story.
• When you post bad social media images of good products no one can tell the difference
• No one reads anything, they scan text and look for images
• Who wants to patronize an establishment that doesn’t care about their social image
Like other digital marketing issues, much of this is common sense. Unfortunately, common sense is not very common all of the time. Take your time when curating a gallery of your work. Think about your price point before posting your image. Are they in congruence? Would you order what you are posting? How will you feel when people share your images and use them for Yelp reviews among other things?
These are all important points to think about. Social media images matter more than you can ever imagine. Treat them with the respect the deserve, set time aside to create images that get people talking positively. (Get them to rave about it with every post!)